When selecting kitchen or bedroom doors for your home, choosing wood for your material can make a big impact on reducing your carbon footprint.
Consumption of non-renewable materials e.g., vinyl, plastic, pvc etc. can be reduced or avoided if we start using more wood in our homes. Trees absorb CO2 and releases O2 when forests are responsibly managed.
Reasons why wood is the best sustainable material for wood finished products
- It’s infinity the most naturally renewable material
- It can be recycled and reused
- It absorbs carbon dioxide
- It’s waste is 100 per cent biodegradable
- It has a positive effect on your physical and mental health
- Unlike many building materials (plastic, for instance), wood does not deplete the earth of its natural resources